Home » Community, people

Aura’s House Community Roll Call: Comments Open for Discussion

30 January 2009 15 Comments

Hi Aura’s House Visitors,

Please take a moment to leave a comment and tell us the following:
1. Who are you and where are you from?
2. How did you come across Aura’s House ?
3. What kinds of things do you do to make a positive difference in the world?
community-icon

I’m still trying to work out the fine balance between letting everyone post with no filter and weeding out hucksters and spambots. Therefore, if you’ve never made a comment here before, it will go into a moderation cue. After you’ve had just one comment approved, you can comment freely on this site without waiting for approval.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Cheers!
Kristen

15 Comments »

• Christina Sidoti said:

Hello Aura’s House Patrons! This is Christina Sidoti, one of the site’s partners, just welcoming everyone to the community and the redesigned site. I volunteer for AH in the web field. Usually, I update the pages, create new projects, and help with the newsletter. In 2005, Kristen became my motion graphics professor at William Paterson University in Wayne, NJ. She introduced me to web design and to Aura’s House where I have been fortunate enough to volunteer at ever since then.

• michaelH said:

Hi everybody! This is Michael, the husband of Kristen! What a great site! I am exited about the new features and the wonderful progress on the projects. Keep up the good work!

• heatherlabonteefthymiou said:

Looking forward to the new porjects coming up on 9th of February!

• Su said:

1. Who are you and where are you from?

My name is Susana and I’m from Portugal.

2. How did you come across Aura’s House?

I learned about Auras House in the Children International Google Group and I became a fan of this site ever since!

3. What kinds of things do you do to make a positive difference in the world?

I sponsor 3 sweet girls through CI and I also try to donate to every Small Project, even if it’s a small amount!

Also I’m a very positive person, I’m always smiling and cheering up everyone around me!

• Kristen (author) said:

Hi Su,

Thanks. I just wanted to say that I am a duel citizen of Portugal and the US. Sadly, I speak almost no Portuguese though as my mother didn’t want us to learn it growing up. Where are you from? I have family from Lisbon and the Azores and in Brazil as well.

cheers,
    Kristen

• Steve Krumholz said:

I’m Steve from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. I sponsor 14 children thru Children International. I’ve supported Aura’s House for several years, plus help my sponsored children and others that I read about on the CI blogspot. In 2007 I went to the Philippines to volunteer on a surgical mission for the Society of Philippine Surgeons in America providing free surgical care for impoverished people. I also visited Sto Nino School which had a classroom built thru Aura’s House. I took my two sponsored children shopping while there. As a result of that trip I took on sponsorship of five more children in the Philippines. In November this year I will return to the Philippines to volunteer on the surgical mission again, and will meet my five newest sponsored children.

• Su said:

Hi Kristen,

I am from Coimbra, a city 200 km north of Lisbon.

Well if you wanna learn a little bit more of Portuguese, just let me know… It’s a beautiful language! 🙂

• Eva said:

Hi! My name is Eva. I’m from Michigan. I came accross Aura’s House through Children International. I sponsor five children through CI. I speak Spanish, so if somebody needs help with translations let me know. I love to help, anything else feel free to ask.

• Eva said:

Kristen:
    I hope everything is Ok in Italy.

• Mike Epler said:

Hi I’m Mike Epler and I am a Partner of Aura’s House. I first met Kristen while in Tanzania on a trip to volunteer and I was teamed up with Kristen at a small business. Kristen has a great heart and is great at learning foreign languages! Upon my return from Africa I looked up Aura’s House and have been helping ever since 2005, through ups and downs, days of questioning should we continue or take a break, through the slow months of these challenging times we will continue and keep moving forward with Small projects that Make a Difference!! We truly mean it when we say no amount is too small as it all adds up…what is small to us is great to others!

Sincerely,

Mike Epler

• chrystal said:

Hi,

I just like to know if there is an update on Aura’s education in teaching ? What sememster is she in ? and how is she enjoying the program ?

• Kristen (author) said:

Hi Chrystal,

The latest update on Aura’s education can be found here: http://aurashouse.com/2009/04/a-few-updates-regarding-some-completed-projects-in-guatemala/

We plan to raise $1200 for her second year’s tuition in November 2009. We have $330 already from extra funds raised for her first year.

I’m so glad we were able to send her to school and that she is enjoying it so much. Thanks for contacting us.

Best,
    Kristen

• Neuilly said:

Hello!

I’m D from New York City (though originally from Maine). I came across this site from a link on the LiftOne website (Children’s International). I now sponsor two children through them. Besides sponsoring them a spend much of my week volunteering for an animal rescue group near me, and fostering the occasional dog. Little things, but they mean a lot to me.

Best,
    D

Out of curiosity, is there a place to post questions on here? I’ve been trying to figure out how the site actually selects it’s projects and/or if there’s a way to suggest certain ones?

• Kristen (author) said:

Hi D,

Sorry, just saw your full comment now. Yes! You can send inquiries to info@aurashouse.com . I’m also going to make a post that will allow users to pose questions and give suggestions.

Best wishes and thanks for hanging out on our website, You are always welcome. 🙂

Kristen

• Kristen (author) said:

Just an update: Our contact email is now contact (at) aurashouse.com
    The info@aurashouse.com one got hacked by a spammer so I had to shut it down. Bummer!

Anyway, no worries. The new one is working just fine.

Cheers,
    K

Leave your response!

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags: