Home » News, Past Projects

Complete: Emergency Income Generation Project for Jenelyn (4) of the Philippines – $920 Raised. Thank you!

29 August 2011 10 Comments

This project is now complete. Launched: April 26, 2011.
Completed August 29, 2011.

Income Generation Project for Jenelyn (4) of the Philippines
Our goal was to raise $750.
$920 raised! THANK YOU!

Special Thanks to: Super-donor Steve Krumholz for his generous $380 donation,  The “Love Bombers” from the LiftOne community, and Facebook Causes donors that all came together at the same time to close out this project. The extra funds raised will give Jenelyn and family an extra boost that will help take the sting out of their recent hardships. Thanks to all who donated to this project!

Jenelyn lives with her parents and four siblings in a rented house in the Philippines. The family’s income is a mere $53 a month. (* As of July 16, 2011 we now know it is only $20 a month.) They use water from a neighbor’s faucet and their home has a dirt floor. Aura’s House plans to enable Jenelyn’s family to generate income by selling goods from a push cart.  There are also many household needs items Jenelyn’s family requires.  We aim to raise $750 for the following items: a mattress, rice, clothing, groceries, a cart with tarp, a washing machine, schooling costs, and 2 months share of the electric bill.

This project was upgraded to “Emergency” on July 16, 2011. Susan H., Jenelyn’s sponsor recently learned that the family’s income drastically went down to only $20 a month.  All projects on the Aura’s House site are 100% US tax deductible.

Jenelyn (4)

Income Generation/Household Needs Items

1 sack of rice
Foam mattress
Clothing for family
Washing Machine
Groceries
Repacking materials
Schooling costs for two children
Cart tarpaulin
Transportation cost for purchasing goods
IGP goods, push cart, scale, and storage

TOTAL: $ 750

Jenelyn is the sponsored child of Susan H. of the USA.

Susan writes:

“Jenelyn B. is a 4 year old girl living in The Philippines with her parents and four siblings. She likes to play with dolls and her siblings. She likes to laugh, dance and sing. I can only imagine the pain in her mother’s heart when her children go without basic necessities such as plumbing, enough food or clothing. The family’s home is basically a rented shack. There is one room in the home, with a dirt floor and the bathroom is a nearby field. Despite these conditions, Jenelyn and her family can still see hope in their future. This small project will help the family immensely. It is a wonderful thing to be able to help this family.

Thank you so much for helping this loving family. “

———-

This project is now complete, but please consider helping another family in need by donating to one of our current projects.

donation button
I prefer to donate offline.
Read Our Privacy Statement

10 Comments »

• Kristen said:

I just learned from Susan, Jenelyn’s sponsor, that she recently found out from a Children International report that in fact the family’s income has now gone down to $20 a month. Let’s hope we can fund this Income Generation Project soon so they can get back on their feet!

• Shana said:

Best wishes for Jenelyn and her family. I wish that I could give more. God bless.

• Inga said:

Thank you so much Shana, we appreciate your concern for Jenelyn and her family. Thank you for everything you do!

• ASONOFGOD said:

I can give her $100.00 to help them until your project is complete if you give me her ID number.

I will notify Vickie at CI and send it today if I am allowed to put my email address on this site so you can email her ID number.

I think you MAY have my email address because I used it to get on your site. If not just tell me how I can give it to you.

• Kristen said:

Thank you ASONOFGOD!

That is incredibly kind of you. I will have to get in touch with Jenelyn’s sponsor to get her ID number. You could also ask Vickie at CI who would have it as well. In any case, let me try.

Do you mean that you’d like to donate $100 to this project or $100 to the family while they wait for this project to finish? Either way, it would be a huge help to them. Thanks for this kind offer.

If you are subscribed to the site, I can email you that way. Will be in touch soon (pending I hear from Susan, Jenelyn’s sponsor.)

Best,
    Kristen

• ASONOFGOD said:

This is only a donation to help Jenelyn until the balance of $481.00 is received on your project.

My donation may be used up by the time she receives the balance of her project money.

Vickie told me this morning that she has already sent the money by email to the Philippines for Jenelyn. I do not need her ID now.

Thanks for telling us about her needs on your valuable site.

• Susan said:

thank you Shana and asonofGod.
    Shana, you have always been there for me and my children and you are truly a wonderful friend. Thank you!

ASonofGod, thank you so much on behalf of Jenelyn and her family. I know the family will be so thankful for what you have done. It really will touch their hearts to know that you have been thinking of them….

Everyone that has helped. You are really important to this family. The family has struggled so much and the older girls have had to work cleaning houses for school fees. I can not even imagine.

My own funds are so limited and when I am not able to purchase something that I need, I always think of this dear family and know that I am not alone. My life is riches in the eyes of this family, yet here, it is very limited…God Bless all of you…you are very important to my family and me.

• Kristen said:

Thanks! That was incredibly kind of you, asonofgod.

• Shana said:

A love bomb donation for Jenelyn

• Susan said:

I am totally speechless, for the love that has been shown to me and this little girl along with all of her family! The huge donation which in turn has helped another child for a different project has overwhelmed me. This shows how when we help, it comes back around. Thank you so much Steve K, and for the liftone community and the love bombs. I will not forget this for a long time!

Leave your response!

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags: